Blood testing program used to screen for diabetes
Diabetes can often be a silent assassin as the condition may not present any obvious symptoms, but that does not necessarily mean it is not lurking around the corner. Alternatively, there are some symptoms which should not be ignored, including urinating frequently throughout the night, the presence of ketones in urine, regular feelings of thirst, blurred vision and wounds healing much more slowly than usual. Patients with such symptoms should undergo diabetes screening at least once a year.
This package is recommended for those who have not yet been diagnosed with diabetes and would like to know whether they have the condition, as well as for high-risk groups because prevention or treatment is most effective at the outset, before any complications have developed.
- Fasting Blood Glucose (FBG)
- Lipid (Fats) Profile
- HDL Cholesterol
- LDL Cholesterol
- Creatinine & eGFR
- Diabetes is preventable.
- Prevention is better than cure.
- Treating diabetes at the outset can protect against or prolong the disease’s development with regard to complications affecting the eyes, kidneys, heart and feet.
Diabetes high-risk groups
- People with a family history of diabetes
- Those over the age of 35
- Obese people (BMI of 25kg/m2 and above
- People with a history of latent diabetes indicators, meaning fasting blood glucose levels of 8cm = 100 - 125mg/Dl or average accumulated glucose levels between 5.7 - 6.4%
- People with high blood pressure
- Those with high cholesterol
- A history of diabetes during pregnancy
- Those who have previously given birth to an infant weighing more than 4kg
- People who enjoy eating sweet foods, foods high in carbohydrates - including baked snacks and desserts - and carbonated beverages
- Those who do not like to exercise
- Fast from all solids and liquids for 12 hours (water can be consumed as usual).
- Refrain from any alcoholic drinks for at least 24 hours.
- Patients who regularly take blood pressure medication may continue taking drugs as normal.
- Arrive at least 2 hours prior to your appointment in order to carry out the blood test.
Terms and conditions
- Services are available at the Diabetes Care Center, 19th floor of the BIC Building, or at other OPD clinics run by medically trained staff.
- The package is available to those who have not yet been diagnosed with diabetes.
- The package only includes the screening processes detailed above.
- The promotional price cannot be used in conjunction with insurance partner company claims, including discounts offered by those companies and any other special privileges.
- This price is only available until 31 December 2020.
Diabetes Care Center, 19th floor BIC Building
Bumrungrad International Hospital
33 Soi Sukhumvit 3, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110