Assessing the immune system’s readiness to fight off disease.
Our bodies have a protective immune system in place that utilizes white blood cells - which circulate in the bloodstream and help to maintain the health of vital organs - to protect against infection. However, should the immune system become disabled or weakened for any reason, various germs and foreign bodies such as viruses and bacteria may be allowed to enter with greater ease, thus placing the body at risk of infection and illness. We can analyze the body’s immune system strength by using the following 3 techniques:
- A detailed white blood cell function analysis (CD Profile: CD3/CD4/CD8)
- A complete blood count (CBC) test
- Vitamin D level screening (25-OH Vitamin D3/D2)
- A CD profile is a detailed analysis of white blood cell function, which has a major role in the body’s immune system. The resulting profile will provide medical staff with the information necessary to plan ways to supplement a person’s immunity and protect them from disease.
- A complete blood count (CBC) can detect irregularities in blood structure, including in terms of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets, as well as analyzing blood viscosity, all of which are indicators of the strength of the body’s immune system
- Vitamin D level screening is undertaken due to this vitamin’s importance regarding cell development, keeping the body strong and aiding immune system function. Moreover, vitamin D is also beneficial in terms of helping the body overcome infections such as the common cold and influenza.
Terms and Conditions
- This price does not include doctors’ fees and hospital service fees.
- The price is in in Thai baht, per person.
- This price is subject to change without prior notice.
- This set price cannot be used at a later date or in conjunction with contract companies and insurance companies, including any discounts provided by contract companies and insurance companies, or any other special privileges.
- This price is available until 31 December 2020.
Bumrungrad International Hospital
33 Soi Sukhumvit 3, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110